Friday, November 11, 2011

Response to Christine's Post

Here's a response to Christine; I don't know how to post because her blog is different!


I completely agree with you! I think that Irie is a more relateable narrator because of many things. I think that one large aspect of our relatabilty is because she is a female who is struggling with issues that still exist today. She has to battle hidden truths from her parents, which I'm sure many children have to deal with still today. For example, some children aren't told that their parents aren't getting a divorce until after it occurs. I know this may seem like a huge leap of difference, but in reality, it's the same concept. Also, there is the issue of Irie not being comfortable in her own skin. She doesn't feel pretty enough, or thin enough, or even smart enough. Everyone around her seems to be more superior to her, and she sometimes doesn't know how to deal with it. She commonly expresses signs of teens today; she leaves her family to try out new ones, as a crush, and also has to grow up quickly because she ends up getting pregnant out of wedlock. Not to mention, Irie is a woman, and so are we!

No comments:

Post a Comment